calligram

 





Artist statement: 

Completing this project was a fun experience. I wasn't sure how I was going to finish this project at first, but after playing around in Adobe Illustrator, I discovered that the "envelope distort" to "make with top object" would be the ideal tool for the job. If you want to utilize an item as the envelope's shape, make sure it's at the top of the stacking order for the object you want to use. My first idea was to base my writing around a dolphin. The dolphin was my source of inspiration. The dolphin symbol sends a profound message by representing eternal life. Because of their intellect and conversational personalities, dolphins are one of my favorite species. Dolphins are well-known for their elegance and beauty. Dolphins communicate using a language that contains sounds with various functions, just like people, as well as examples of enjoyment, fun, teaching, and social cohabitation behaviors. So I wanted my letter to speak through the dolphin just for that reason. 


  Dear future self, 

I hope you are doing well as you read this.  I hope mom and dad are doing well in all aspects of their lives, including physical, emotional, and mental health. I hope your friends are doing well, and that you are still in touch with them. I hope you've made excellent memories with your current friends throughout the years. I sincerely want you to treasure the small moments you share with your friends before they leave. I hope you step outside of your comfort zone. Try something new, learn something new, experiment, fail, and do it all again. You'll never know unless you try, so try something new and different. Please take that opportunity. Be more outgoing and unique. You may discover that you enjoy something you never expected to enjoy. Meet new people, have an impact on others, set off a chain reaction, and make a difference in the world. I hope you have changed your mindset, and have an influence on others by your actions and words. You are cherished and valued. I know you will be proud of the risks and chances you took. 

I hope you are not depressed, nervous, or afraid. I hope you've faced your inner fears, destroyed your insecurities, and let go of your inner doubts. I hope you've accepted your inner strength, dedicated your will, and blossomed in your capacity to positively influence others.I hope you were able to do what you set out to do. I hope you've met someone you can trust on, someone who will be there for you at all times. I hope he is your best friend, that he looks after you and protects you. Take care of him, cherish him, and appreciate him for who he is. Tell him how grateful you are that he is still in your life. Express your concern for him. Be there for him through all the ups and downs that life has in store for you. Trust, commitment, and the ability to cling on even when it seems impossible are the only things that keep relationships strong. I hope you traveled to locations you never dreamed you'd see and made lasting experiences with family and friends along the way. I hope you are content with your life. Doing what makes you happy rather than what others expect of you. It is up to you to express and impress yourself, not others. It's your life. I can only hope because I have no idea what the future holds, but by taking responsibility for my life, I choose to strive toward you. The decisions I make today will have an impact on you and your everyday life in the future. You see, what may appear to be inadequate, if not a failure, in my eyes is more than enough in yours.


Comments

  1. I love this! Dolphins have been my favorite animal for a very long time and it's my dream to work with them. The way you used the words to make shading is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! dolphins have been my favorite for a very long time as well. I have small tattoo of a dolphin. They are very fascinating to me.

      Delete
  2. This is great! The dolphin looks super realistic, and you did a good job warping the words to keep the dolphin shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! it took me some time but It came out exactly how I wanted it :)

      Delete
  3. This super good, I like the image you chose fro the dolphin, the jumping silohouette is very orginal. Overall you exectuted this project very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ! it was a pretty fun project to do !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job! I love how you where able to make the dolphin so realistic. The way you placed the words really allowed the dolphin to take shape. I think it’s so creative the way you placed the shadows on the dolphin to make it look realistic. I really enjoyed reading your artist statement too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy artist statement

Tagbrush